Thursday, January 15, 2009

Papas Got A Brand New Bike

I gave up hunting down the scoundrel that yanked my bike and decided to move on to better things. I picked up this stealth, new Lespo at the same place that I bought my first bike. After some quick detailing and technical adjustments, she is now ready to tear up the mean streets of Gwangju. Although I am sad that my first bike is long gone...this newbie has gifted me with an overall better ride. The gears transition more smoothly, the broad seat offers more cushioning so that I can tackle those rough n' bumpy parts of town, and the matte-black finish grants me stealth whenever I am engaged in hot pursuit during our bi-weekly "cops n' robbers" tournaments (Tuesday and Thursday nights, 11pm -2am, Bongseon-Dong, losers make breakfast).



It will be nice once the spring comes so that we can enjoy lazy bike adventures up and down the stream path once again. So far everyone in our neighborhood has a bike, excluding Milkis, who knows when that kid will get in the loop?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Haha- Milkus just got a phone... it could take his entire contract to get a bike!