Sunday, December 28, 2008

Green Update

One of the persimmon seeds that I began germinating more than a month ago has finally lifted its head and emerged from the soil. The seedling has grown about three inches in just two days. There are two more seeds on the way but they are still keeping warm beneath the soil.


In other good news, my succulent has been budding for the past week and it should bloom any day now. This guy has shown plenty of new growth within the month of December and I expect it will grow well through the winter.



Aaaaalso, I went grocery shopping today at Lotte Mart and they had Kumquats in the produce section. Sweet. I had my first-ever taste of Kumquat this summer back in Philly and I am happy to add these juicy little nubbins back into my fruit repertoire. You can count on seeing Kumquat seeds in the next green update.

Sustainable Greg only wishes he had such a knack for fruiting plants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very honored that you think I am such a good dancer and plant lover that you would put me on your page :) ---your American Caucasian cousin, Jill.

uncle/greg said...

shall we make this a competition? I can almost see you turning green with envy as you read on... I have father's e-mail address, and he's pining to see some photographs of my mud hut. and if we're looking to identify the point that defines the leap from boy to man - which I can only assume we are - let's look no further than our difference in past-time: fruiting plants indoors versus building barefoot on mother nature's floor